He’s A Business, Man: 7 New Products Jay-Z Should Consider Releasing
Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter is the best to ever do it. He’s a superstar, a fashion icon, a prominent businessman, and the essential business, man. He’s not afraid to go outside of his comfort zone to expand his brand, but there are a few items he hasn’t even touched yet that he should consider releasing in a limited edition plan. Check them out below:
7. Jigganomics: College Textbook on the Music Business— Rappers aren’t the only students of the game these days. Jay-Z has reached beyond the School of Hard Knocks into the undergraduate program of recorded music. Clive Davis has made it possible for students to earn 2 credits if they pass a course on Jay-Z in his Institute of Recorded Music Program in NYU. Seriously. They literally dissect Hov’s professional timeline asking questions like “What makes a great leader? How does a leader use power? How do successful leaders approach building a team and creating strategic partnerships work?” Well Hov can answer those questions.
Hov can be the first rapper/business mogul to write a textbook on how to pin lucrative ideas, execute them to perfection, and remain a respectable leader in his field. The man sold 40 million albums and launched a sports bar, clothing line, and invested in a basketball team. That makes him way more qualified to speak on the matter than any other artist in the field of Hip-Hop. No shots!
6. Paper Chase’n Cigars— Smoking has its fair share of health hazards, but having one every now and then isn’t a sin. Every so often we catch Hov smoking one of these bad boys with such an attitude that it makes you want to to be apart of the club. So why hasn’t he released his own high-quality brand of premium cigars? This wouldn’t be the kind your local, ahem, smoker would buy to gut in the stairwell to smoke his green. This is a brand launched among world-class cigars like Macanudo, Cohiba, Partagas, and La Gloria Cubana. The only way customers could get their hands on one is if they are apart of a special club that specializes in the culture of cigar smoking that famously attracts executives, celebrities, and other VIP customers. Just look for the cigar tag in his favorite hue Jay-Z blue.
5. “I Just Wanna Love Ya” Relationship Book— If there’s one thing Hov made clear since tying the knot with his Queen Beyoncé is that he’s not spilling any intimate details about his love life. But it takes a certain kind of man to take care of a woman like B. Obviously Hov is doing something right!
Hov should consider releasing a How-To type instructional for black men taking care of their black queens. Most men have commitment issues fearing going public with their longtime mate might lessen their success. Not Jay, though. He’s the perfect person to help men be more family oriented and find ways reroute their value system in a positive direction.
4. Real As It Gets Jewelry—Admittedly this seems very rapperish, but this does hold value. Beyoncé’s wedding ring is a dead giveaway of what Jay-Z’s taste in jewlery is like for women. And his own choice in jewelry is famously not gaudy, which is another indication how delicate his taste in ice can be. Why not join forces with a jewelry designer to set design trends on money clips, cuff links, rings, tie clips, etc.
3. Coming of Age Computerware — No, this doesn’t mean you’re dressing your CPU in a Rocawear men’s polo. It’s software for Windows and Mac users who happen to be fans of the Jiggaman. From your startup sound to your mouse cursor image, fans can dress their computers with Hov’s likeliness with exclusive art specifically created for this product alone. And with the special edition Jay-Z themed Bing search engine, fans can be on their way keeping tabs on Rocawear, Roc Nation artists, and Jay-Z! If fans think they got the ultimate developer skills, they can upload their own design package on to an official website so others can be apart of the Roc. This can also go into iPhones, iPads, iPods, and Blackberry themes, too.
2. Dirt Off Your Shoulder Hair Products—
Throughout his career Hov has been seen with two hairstyles: the light caesar and the dark caesar. But within the last two years, Hov has been rocking a rebellious, grizzly look that only evolves during the time frame he works on his albums. How can a man in his 40s have such luscious, thick, hair? Not a gray hair in sight, either! If he launched his Dirt Off Your Shoulder hair product line, Hov can sell the blueprint of his hair regiment. Plenty of men will be trying to get their dark caesar on in the barbershops and plenty of barbershops will be making boo-koo money using the special edition clippers to mimic Hov’s haircut.
1. Public School of Hard Knocks— It’s a hard knock life for those living in urban slums, but we can’t forget how many of our hip-hop heroes grew up in them. Surprisingly no successful entertainer has powered up with other investment companies to build their own schools offering educational attention the government fails to provide for urban kids. It would be rough in the beginning, but the payoff at the end would be priceless when students who would have dropped out of school end up college bound on account of his own school.
Think we’re missing a few things? Tell us what else Hov should launch that he hasn’t done yet! Let us know in the comment section!
-Monique “Marvelous Mo” Balcarran | Email: News@Roc4Life.com