Airbnb has to be one of the most convenient living situations for travelers. Kicking back in someone else’s crib while you are on vacation is pretty cool. There are so many options of spaces to choose from and people tend to go for the dopest places. Being on your best behavior while in someone else’s house is key. Some people forget all about that once they get into their Airbnb rental.
Airbnb renters have reported some pretty obnoxious behaviors from people who’ve rented their apartments. From broken furniture to clogged toilets, people do the absolute most when renting. For a while, people were using Airbnb apartments to throw wild sex parties. They have reportedly drained liquor cabinets, eaten food, ordered Pay-per-View movies, and even helped themselves to items in closets and drawers. How rude!?
Below are a list of the 5 things you should definitely not do when you are renting someone’s home via Airbnb. While it is a convenience, abusing the privilege and disrespecting someone’s home is definitely a no-no.
- Partying all the time in an Airbnb is no good. There is usually a limit to how many guests are allowed. Throwing parties in the Airbnb is a sure fire way to get banned from renting again… and the house will definitely get trashed.
- Cleaning up after one-self is a basic life skill. The last day of your stay should be devoted to cleaning the space. It is uber-disgusting if people have to return to a dirty home and clean up your mess.
- Sex is inevitable, leaving signs of your activity is gross. Please be sure to collect wrappers, undergarments, and stains before leaving the Airbnb.
- In some places, staying longer than a month grants folks Tenant’s Rights. Lingering for weeks to acquire Tenant’s Rights is ratchet.
- Stealing items from someone else’s apartment is very brazen. Taking things that don’t belong to you isn’t nice. If you are staying in an Airbnb, do NOT help yourself to their items.
Photo Credit: Ryan Schude