Now that the holiday season is here, gatherings with festive menus are on the agenda. From now until the end of the year, people will be partaking in all kinds of get-togethers. If you’re hosting a dinner, your menu needs to be on point. This recipe for Oven Roasted Lamb Rack with Cider, Apples, and Mint will definitely get the guests in their foodie feelings.
The recipe is pretty simple and serves 4. You can easily adjust the recipe to serve more if necessary. The meat is seasoned and braised first, then roasted to perfection. The Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider, brown sugar, and Apples make for a delicious accompaniment with the lamb. Mint is a must-have whenever lab is served. After chowing down on these, your guests will be happy they came. Check out the recipe below and be sure to serve this up at your next holiday gathering.
Oven Roasted Lamb Rack with Cider, Apples, and Mint (Serves 4)
• 2 8 bone lamb racks, frenched
• 2 Gala Apples, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
• ¼ cup light brown sugar
• ½ cup butter
• ½ cup Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider
• 6 leaves of mint, chopped
• 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a dry 12-inch heavy bottom pan (or oven safe pan) over high heat until hot, at least 2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, pat lamb dry and rub meat all over with salt and pepper.
3. Add oil to hot skillet, then brown racks, one at a time.
4. Remove racks from the pan and wrap the bones in aluminum foil.
5. Wipe skillet out and return the racks to the skillet with the bones facing up and the meat facing towards the outside of the pan.
6. Place pan in the oven and roast 15-20 minutes or until thermometer inserted diagonally into center of meat registers 120°F.
7. Remove the lamb from the oven and transfer to a plate. Let stand, loosely covered in foil for 10 minutes.
8. Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of collected fat from the pan.
9. Add in the apple pieces, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and half the butter. Allow the apples to roast until golden brown and caramelized.